Green Valley Fire District offers a wide array of public education opportunities, with the goal of keeping our citizens safe. Most of these services are available to the GVFD public free of charge.
Educational opportunities include:
- Fire and Life-Safety Presentations
- Station Tours
- Fire Extinguisher Classes
- School Presentations
- Home Safety Inspections
- and Child Car Seat Education and Installation.
For questions regarding GVFD educational programs or to schedule a presentation, tour, or class, please contact our Community Services Division at (520) 625-9438.
For more tips and information, visit:
If you have a cooking fire
- Just get out! When you leave, close the door behind you to help contain the fire.
- Call 9-1-1 or the local emergency number after you leave.
- If you try to fight the fire, be sure others are getting out and you have a clear way out.
- Keep a lid nearby when you’re cooking to smother small grease fires. Smother the fire by sliding the lid over the pan and turn off the stovetop. Leave the pan covered until it is completely cooled.
- For an oven fire turn off the heat and keep the door closed.