Green Valley Fire Based Urgent Care Service (FBUMS)
Purpose: To increase the availability of healthcare to our community by providing either mobile urgent care via the 911 system, or prescheduled appointments, in order to evaluate, diagnose, and treat lower acuity illnesses and injuries.
In March, 2015, Green Valley Fire District launched a new Fire-Based Urgent Medical Service (FBUMS), using Family Nurse Practitioners (FNP) to provide Emergency Medical crews with an additional resource to handle non-emergent, urgent care type calls. If you request to be seen by the NP, and if you don’t need to be transported to an ER, a captain on scene can request that the FNP respond with a dedicated FBUMS vehicle directly to your home.
Alternatively, local residents who have a non-emergent problem can call the “NP Hotline” number, 520-428-0550, to schedule an appointment directly, without having to contact 911. Business Hours Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
So, if you have an urgent medical need, and you:
- can’t get in to see your Primary Care Physician
- don’t have a local Primary Care Physician
- can’t get to urgent care due to a mobility issue, caregiver responsibility, or other limitation,
Call us, and we’ll come to you!
Our Nurse Practitioners are licensed independent practitioners who are responsible for managing health problems and coordinating health care in accordance with State and Federal rules and regulations and the nursing standards of care. If medically indicated, the NP will collaborate with other health care providers and professionals to provide a continuum of care to return you to your optimum health.
Our services include:
- Back Pain
- Dental Infections (minor)
- Dehydration/Hydration therapy
- Dermatology (Abscesses, Minor Burns, Infection, Rashes, Wounds)
- Earaches, Coughs and Cold
- Laceration Repair
- Medication Reconciliation
- Minor Orthopedic Injuries
- Other Musculoskeletal Complaints
- Portable Lab and X-rays
- Respiratory Infections
- Seasonal Allergies
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)