Compassion • Competence • Character

Faulty HVAC unit prompts evacuation

People living in four apartments on South Alpha Avenue in Sahuarita were evacuated early Friday after a smoke detector went off.

Sahuarita Police Sgt. Michael Falquez said Green Valley Fire District firefighters and Sahuarita Police helped everyone evacuate around 1:30 a.m. and an investigation revealed a faulty rooftop HVAC unit was emitting smoke.

Everyone was allowed back into their homes around 2:20 a.m.

Post navigation
Scroll to top