- Community Services
- Fire Board
- This event has passed.
GVFD Employee Recognition Event
December 1, 2016 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Chief Chuck Wunder and the Senior Command Group will take an opportunity to recognize the amazing performance of many of the Fire District’s employees and volunteers. Awards to be presented are:
- Employee of the Year – This award is intended for a District member who, over the course of the year, has continually put forth an effort of the highest degree. This may involve fire suppression, emergency medical service, community services, training, administrative or support work, or any combination of the above. Further, it may involve an individual event or a collection of exceptional performances. Any current member of the District may nominate anyone for whatever reasons he/she feels are appropriate.
- Customer Service Award of Merit – This award is intended for a District member who, over the course of the year, has continually provided outstanding internal and/or external customer service and whose actions reflect the culture and expectations of the District in regards to customer service.
- Fire Corps Volunteer of the Year – This award will go to the Fire Corps volunteer who, over the course of the year, has put forth an effort of the highest degree. This award may include service hours, special assignments, exceptional performance at a task or tasks, creation and implementation of new programs, or any positive contribution or performances that are above and beyond expectations.
- Unit Citation/Commendation – This award is intended for any group of two or more Fire District members who make up a company, division, team, or work group which has performed in an outstanding manner.
- Fire Chief’s Award of Merit – This award is given at the discretion of the Fire Chief for actions he/she believes to be outstanding in nature and worthy of recognition by the District.
- Board of Directors Community Service Award – This award is given by the District Board of Directors in recognition of time and effort toward the betterment of the community. These actions may or may not be job related.