SHiM® (Safety and Health in Motion), a Fall Prevention Program is a collaborative partnership with Valley Assistance Services, Green Valley Fire District and the Green Valley Council. This program is proud to announce
a new collaborative partnership with the University of Arizona, Colleges of Nursing, Medicine, Public Health and the Arizona Center on Aging. Call today for our new, improved program
The GVFD Fire Corps volunteers will visit your home to look for:
- Lighting in all rooms and stairs
- Trip hazards, electrical and phone cords, household clutter, rugs
- Uneven surfaces inside and outside your home
- Fire safety hazard
- One out of three adults 65 years and older fall each year.
- Falls are the leading cause of deaths due to injuries.
- Up to 30% of seniors who fall suffer severe injuries.
- One in four individuals restrict their activities because of the fear of falling