Green Valley Fire District Green Valley Fire District

Compassion • Competence • Character

Grant puts carbon monoxide alarms in GV homes

Green Valley resident Cecilia Lewis, center, was one of several Green Valley residents who received a new carbon monoxide alarms this week thanks to an $8,000 grant from the Country Fair White Elephant. Green Valley Fire District Fire Corps Members Chuck Hill and Anne Birch delivered Lewis’ alarm.

Members of the Green Valley Fire District Fire Corps distributed new carbon monoxide alarms to homes in Green Valley this week. The Fire Corps purchased the alarms with an $8,000 grant from the Country Fair White Elephant. They were distributed to homes where smoke alarms were installed in the past three years by the Fire District.

“Our mission is to get smoke alarms in every home in the area,” said Chuck Hill, a Fire Corps member.

Carbon monoxide is colorless and has no odor and a CO alarm could save a resident from a trip to the hospital or worse. Homes with gas furnaces, gas water heaters and gas ranges are potential victims to carbon monoxide exposure.

Scroll to Top