Green Valley Fire District Green Valley Fire District

Compassion • Competence • Character

Arivaca home burns; resident sent to hospital

An 83-year-old Arivaca man was taken to Banner University Medical Center Tucson early Friday for treatment of injuries when his residential trailer burned.
He suffered non life-threatening burns and smoke inhalation, said a GVFD spokesman. The single-wide structure, at Fourth Avenue and Second Street in Arivaca, was fully engulfed when crews from Green Valley Fire District arrived at about 7 a.m., joining firefighters from Arivaca Fire District and Elephant Head Volunteer Fire Department. It was declared a total loss.

The fire was likely caused by an electrical heater and there was nothing suspicious noted from the scene, said Lt. Jeff Palmer of the Pima County Sheriff Department’s Green Valley substation. The matter was referred to social services and the American Red Cross to help the resident find new living accommodations, GVFD said.

Scroll to Top