Message From The Fire Chief
Welcome to the Green Valley Fire District, and thank you for visiting our website. We welcome your interest and encourage you to contact us should you need additional information or have any questions or concerns.
As the Fire Chief, I am honored to serve alongside an outstanding group of men and women who are truly dedicated to providing excellent emergency, non-emergency, prevention, public education, and community services to our communities. Our organization values the relationship we have with our communities and works hard to ensure we don’t violate the trust or confidence you have placed in us.
As our customer, we strive to exceed your expectations with every encounter we have. Your input is important to our success, and we value your feedback. My contact information is listed below. Please let me know when we exceed your expectations, or if you have suggestions on how we can continue to improve our service delivery.
I hope you find our website informative and encourage you to check back frequently as we work to keep our communities up to date on our activities and services.
Chuck Wunder, MSL, EFO, CFO
Do you know what to do in case of a Kitchen / Grease Fire?
Cooking fires by the numbers
Based on 2010-2014 annual averages:
- Cooking equipment was the leading cause of home fires and fire injuries, causing 46% of home fires that resulted in 19% of the home fire deaths and 44% of the injuries.**
- Two-thirds (66%) of home cooking fires started with the ignition of food or other cooking materials.
- Clothing was the item first ignited in less than 1% of these fires, but clothing ignitions led to 18% of the home cooking equipment fire deaths.
- Ranges or cooktops accounted for the majority (62%) of home cooking fire incidents.
- Unattended equipment was a factor in one-third (33%) of reported home cooking fires and half (49%) of the associated deaths..
- Frying dominates the cooking fire problem.
- Thanksgiving is the peak day for home cooking fires.
Green Valley Fire District Hiring Process information
The application deadline closed on February 3rd.
Thank you to all who applied to be a Firefighter with the Green Valley Fire District. If after the written test you have been selected to participate to continue the hiring process, you will be contacted directly. Please Click Here to find out times, dates and locations for the remaining process segments.
Come Join Our Fire Corps Team
Are you looking for something fun to do while helping your fellow Green Valley neighbors stay safe in their homes? Well Fire Corps may be just what you’re looking for!
The continued growth of our wildly successful; smoke alarm and battery replacement programs, rapid entry lockbox installation, desert pest relocation, administrative support for the Fire District, and community fall prevention services have created the need to find more men and women volunteers.
Fire Corps volunteers provide non-emergency support to the Green Valley Fire District saving GVFD over $200,000 each year and have a great time doing it.
Volunteers receive extensive classroom and field training in all functions. There are positions available that will cater to your specific interests and skills. Join our outstanding cadre of friendly, community minded volunteers and help keep Green Valley safe.
To join, call the Green Valley Fire District Community Services Division at 520-625 9438. We would like to talk to you!